Sunday, February 10, 2013

Target - Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection Haul

I know this is late, but I just wanted to share what I bought from the Target - Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection back in December.  I actually did not pay full price when I purchased these items (I paid 50% off), so that made me feel better when they went to 75% off in January.  Overall, this collection was considered a huge flop/failure....whatever you want to call it, but I managed to purchase a few things. (Note:  the prices listed were MSRP.)    

The first item:

Carolina Herrera for Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection – Travel Bags, $39.99

The second item:

Marc Jacobs for Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection – Pouch in Gunmetal, $69.99 each

And the third and final item:

Prabal Gurung for Target + Neiman Marcus Holiday Collection – Clutch, $49.99

I really liked all three of these pieces.  I was interested in the Oscar de la Renta tote, but I didn't really care that much for the cream color of the canvas.  For that reason, I decided not to purchase it.  From my understanding these items were all pulled from the stores in mid January.  I read somewhere that Target donates their clearance items to the Salvation Army or other "thrift shop" type of store in the surrounding communities of their stores.  I haven't checked any of the local thrift shops to see if I could locate more items for a great price.  I'm not even sure if they would have done the same thing with these items since they were part of a Neiman Marcus collection.  They may send them to the Neiman's discount store - Last Call or possibly the Neiman Marcus outlet stores.  Those are a few places you may want to try if you would like to purchase items from this collection.  I do know that there are plenty of sellers on eBay that have items up for sale. 

Happy Shopping!  



No comments:

Post a Comment