Friday, January 4, 2013

Favorite Drugstore Products for the Face

The first product I would like to share as one of my favorites is the Purpose brand Dual Treatment Moisture Lotion with SPF15.  I tend to get dry patches on my face especially during the Winter months.  My husband and my husband also get dry facial skin in the Winter.  My son and I have been using this gentle, dermatologist recommended lotion for a while now.  It provides long-lasting moisture just like the package says.  It is oil free, fragrance free and hypoallergenic.  It is a great product for you to try if you have sensitive skin and if other lotions with fragrance irritate your skin. I just use a small amount and rub it in my whole face.  It absorbs quickly and does not leave a greasy feeling.  I like that it leaves my face soft and smooth.  This is about $8 at your local retail store such as Target or Walmart. 


The second product for the face that I would like to share with  you is the Neutrogena Oil-Free Cleansing Wipes (Pink Grapefruit scent for acne-prone skin).  I really do not have acne-prone skin, but I just love the way this wipe cleans my face.  These wipes do not dry my face out as much as other brands and types.  After using these, you can either just go or you can rinse your face off.  I usually just go and put a little bit of the Purpose brand lotion on my face (the one I mentioned above).  The smell is also pleasant.  These contain 100% naturally derived pink grapefruit extract.  There are 25 towelettes in this particular package.  They cost around $7 at your local retail store such as Target or Walmart.  They do make an imitation brands, but I like to stick to the original, name brand ones.  I think they are not as harsh as the imitation brands. 


This last product that I am sharing with you is the Nad's brand Facial Wax Strips.  I've tried several brands of facial strips, and this one works really well.  I have used them on my own face, as well as  other family members.  My son let me use them on him to do in between the brows.  We have dark hair and he claims he was starting to get a uni brow, so we used this on him.  The wax strips worked like a charm on him, and they worked just as well on me. They are easy to use and there is little to no clean up.  These are hypoallergenic and fragrance free for sensitive delicate areas.  My son and I have sensitive skin, and these strips did not irritate us at all.  It takes less than a couple of minutes to use and be done with them.  I highly recommend them to anyone.  You can find them in your local retail stores such as Target or Walmart.  They will cost you around $5. 


I hope that you will go out and try these products.  They really are a few of my favorites, and I would not recommend them if I did not think that others would enjoy them, as well.  I have included the links to each respective brand's website  below:

http://www.purposeskincare.com

http://www.neutrogena.com/product/oil-free+cleansing+wipes+-+pink+grapefruit.do?sortby=ourPicks

http://www.nads.com/facial_strips

Happy Shopping!




No comments:

Post a Comment