Sunday, March 10, 2013

Orchid Professional Nail Lacquer Review

I bought this Orchid brand Professional Nail Lacquer in the color (183) I Lost Your Number quite a while ago, but never used it until this past week.  I actually really like the lavender color of the polish.  It is a darker lavender rather than light, but I wouldn't call it purple.  Anyway, I polished my nails on Thursday, and unfortunately, it was already chipping and peeling off by Saturday.  I didn't really have to use a lot to get the full color, but after two coats, it was still streaking.  You can see it in the pictures below.  It isn't totally clear because of the flash, but you can see it if you really look.  At the time that I bought this color, I bought a couple of other ones, too.  I haven't used those, yet, but I don't think that I will purchase this same brand again because of the chipping and streaking.  It is pretty color though. 

I bought this at my local grocery store (HEB). I've only seen these at HEB, but you may be able to find it in drugstores such as Walgreens or CVS.  I did not find a website for Orchid.  I would encourage you to go out and buy it so that you can try it for yourself.  Maybe, it was just me that thought it was too streaky.  When I purchased several of these, they were on sale.  I think they were regularly around $5, but I got them for about $2 each. 
    

If you look closely, then you can see the streaking.


Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

  1. I have about 3 shades from this brand. One of them, a metallic lilac (don't remember the name) is pretty opaque in 1 coat; the other 2, a shimmery turquoise blue (also don't remember the name), and a bronzy red called Funky Monkey, are very sheer, and I use them over other polishes. The wear is ok, depending on what kind of topcoat I use, nothing to write home about though. I got them w/ a BOGO coupon; otherwise I'd probably pass.

    ReplyDelete