Monday, March 4, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies for All


I ususally don't write about my cooking or baking, but I am, now!  I'm not going to give out my recipe though because it is a secret!  I do recommend that you use parchment paper when baking.  I never knew about it when I was younger (my mom was not big on baking).  When I discovered it, baking cookies became so much easier.  Anyway, to hear about my most recent baking adventures keep reading. 

My son absolutely loves Chocolate Chip cookies, so he bugged me and bugged me to bake some for him.  Now, it seems as though I have been baking every week for the last three weeks.  My husband actually took some to eat with his lunch, and gave one to a friend.  His friend later asked him if I could make him a batch (I know his friend, too).  My husband came home that day and asked me if I could make his friend a batch so I did.  The friend couldn't get through the day without eating the majority of the batch of cookie.  He texted me and said that there were only 8 left in the bag.  I made him a batch of 24.  I asked him if he even shared any with his wife and daughter.  He claimed he did, but I didn't really believe him.  Since then, I have baked two more batches for him.  He said that he is addicted! 

My son took some to school and shared with his friends.  His friends asked him how much I would charge to bake some for them.  I told him that I would just bake some for free and not charge them.  My son said, "we can sell them a batch for $10."  I told him that was too much.  We didn't sell them any, we just gave his friends some out of kindness!  Now, my son asks me to bake every other day.  I'm glad others are enjoying them, but I'm not in the baking business........but maybe, I should be!  :)  




No comments:

Post a Comment