Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Pretty In Pink.....for Breast Cancer Awareness Month

Well, I polished my nails with my new Revlon Nail Enamel in color #271 Extravagant that I previously wrote about in the following post:  http://thehouseofdiva.blogspot.com/2012/10/revlon-nail-enamels.html      

I was looking for a pink color to use in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I would like to show my support of all of the survivors, lost loved ones and their family & friends in any way that I can.  I know this is a small way of doing so, but I think any support is better than none. The pictures that I have posted look a little purple, but it is pink. In my opinion, it is bright and stands out in a crowd. I really like the color and have had a lot of compliments on it so far and I have only been wearing it for a couple of days.  

While polishing my nails, I noticed that it was kind of thick.  When you put it on, you have to make sure that you do not put too much on the brush because it will make a blob on your nail and at that point, there is probably too much to spread evenly without streaks.  It will make for a very thick coat, and will take a long time to dry.  That is what happened to me the first time around.  That was a bit disappointing, but I polished my nails all over again, and the second time was much better.  I did it pretty fast, and that is why they look a bit sloppy, but if you take your time, then I'm sure your nails will look marvelous!    


My verdict on this particular brand and color is that it is nice, and I will wear the color again.  It is on the thick side and I will remember that when I use it again in the future so I won't make a big mess of my nails.  Revlon has a great selection of other colors, so please visit their website to see all of the colors available. 

Please visit Revlon's Facebook page and "Like" them to stay in the loop to receive product information or just to read what other fans have to say.

You can also follow Revlon on Twitter!  You can use @revlon to connect to them. 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment