Friday, September 7, 2012

Bath and Body Works - New Soaps, Oil Burner and Preview Lotion



I went to Bath and Body Works this past Monday and picked up a few items.  I really wanted to try their new hand soaps that are Triclosan free.  People have been asking for a non-antibacterial formula, and now they have one.  There are four new scents in this line:
 
Pear Chardonnay
Vanilla Maple Cream
Applewood Orchard
Sweet Plum Wine

I chose to purchase only two of them.  They are $9.50 each, and that is a little pricey for a hand soap, but they are definitely worth it.  The two that I chose are Pear Chardonnay and Vanilla Maple Cream. 

Pear Chardonnay is described on the Bath and Body Works website as follows:

Our lavish new-for-fall formula leaves hands lightly scented with a lush blend of crisp pears, sugared apple, sparkling tropical fruits, smooth caramel and vanilla extract.
  • Made with moisturizing Aloe and nourishing Vitamin E
  • Pear Chardonnay is a dramatic blend of crisp pears, sugared apple, sparkling tropical fruits, smooth caramel and vanilla extract.
  • A luxurious collection inspired by all the unforgettable fragrances of fall, in round, elegant bottles
Vanilla Maple Cream is described as follows:

Our lavish new-for-fall formula leaves hands lightly scented with a decadent recipe of warm vanilla, fresh ground cinnamon and whipped buttercream with a maple syrup kiss.
  • Made with moisturizing Aloe and nourishing Vitamin E
  • Vanilla Maple Cream is a decadent recipe of warm vanilla, fresh ground cinnamon, whipped buttercream and a touch of maple syrup.
  • A luxurious collection inspired by all the unforgettable fragrances of fall, in round, elegant bottles
I really like both scents.  The Pear Chardonnay is a very crisp, pear smelling scent.  The Vanilla Maple Cream is a very sweet, maple and vanilla scent.  Both fragrances are winners in my book.  The soaps are a gentle formula, and they didn't dry my hands out like some of the anti-bacterial hand soaps out there.  I would give these soaps two thumbs up!  They are fall fragrances, so I don't think they will be around forever, so go out and buy some!  Remember to use coupons to get more bang for your buck.  Check your receipts for the $10 off of $30 survey coupon.  It like buying two and getting one for free.  You have got to love free! 

For full descriptions of each new hand soap, please visit the Bath and Body Works website.

I also picked up two of their new preview lotions in Cashmere Glow.  This scent has a musky tone and I don't think it is best for me.  It states that it has a peach note, but I don't smell peach in it at all.  I know that everyone has a different nose, so go out and try it.  The Previews are only $1.  I do not believe that I will be purchasing the full ritual when it comes out because I like more fruity/sweet scents.  I think this one is too deep for me.  **UPDATE as of 9/20/12 - I was in a store and the previews are NOW $2 each!**

Here is the description of Cashmere Glow from the Bath and Body Works website: 

Every girl deserves cashmere! Fragrance skin with a warm blend of golden peach and shimmering vanilla wrapped in cashmere musk. Our exclusive hydrating formula contains skin-softening shea butter, Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E for all-day fragrance and moisture, making it the perfect everyday lotion.
  • Shea butter, fast absorbing Jojoba oil and protective Vitamin E deliver all-day moisture and fragrance.
  • Our exclusive Cashmere Glow fragrance is a warm blend of golden peach and shimmering vanilla with a heart of soft cashmere musk.
  • Key Fragrance Notes: Peach, Vanilla, Musk 
If you go to the Facebook Bath and Body Works page, click on highlights on the drop down at the top of the page, then they have an offer this weekend only for a FREE preview of Cashmere Glow.

The last item that I purchased was a ceramic Owl oil burner to burn the Home Fragrance Oils (HFOs) that I purchase at Bath and Body Works.  I thought it was so cute, and I just had to have it!  Owls seem to be very popular this Fall.  I've seen them all over the place.  Anyway, I already have a couple of burners, but the ceramic ones that Bath and Body Works sells are pretty good and always put out enough heat to release the HFOs scent so that the whole house smells great!  Just as a side note, my favorite Fall HFOs are Cider Lane, Leaves and Marshmallow Fireside!  I actually really like most of the ones that they have out right now.  If you have not given them a try, then you should.  I think you will be very happy with your purchase! 


No comments:

Post a Comment