Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My First Julep Box

 
 
I decided to order my first Julep box, and for .01, I figured I couldn't lose.  As stated on the Julep website:  Becoming a Julep Maven gives you exclusive access to COLOR. Each month we hand-pick trendsetting new nail colors, cult faves and cutting-edge beauty products that are just right for you. Commitment shy? No problem. YOU decide how often to receive your Julep Maven box, and you can cancel at any time.  You can also skip a month or send your monthly box to a friend.  You just have to make sure to sign in between the 20th and 24th of the month and pick Skip a Month or Send My Box to a Girlfriend!  If you want to cancel, then all you have to do is log in and cancel by the 24th at 11:59pm PST to avoid being charged by the 27th of the month.    

 
To get started on the Julep website, you will take a quiz/survey to determine what style you fit, and  it lets Julep know which colors to pick out for you when putting your monthly box together for your style/profile.  I filled out the quiz and got matched up with the "Bombshell" style/profile.  The description of "Bombshell" is sexy and sensual, thisstyle is abundant with playful prints, flirtatious cuts, and saturated hues.  You're a frill-seeker who's not afraid to have fun, sepecially when it comes to your wardrobe.  I do not know if this really fits me, but I do like the colors that matched me up with by using this style.  If you don't like the style they match you up with, you can always try other styles.  You do not have to purchase the one that they match you with each month.  You can chose to test another style.  Each box contains items worth at least $40.  The box is $19.99, but if you sign up by using the following link  Julep sign up for $.01, you can sign up for your first Julep box for $.01.  All you have to do is put in the following code when checking out:  COLOR2012 .  This is how I got my first box and I was only charged the $.01 and not a penny more!  

 
The box that I received included a small, reusable tote bag with three items inside of it.  The items inside the bag are pictured below.  They include:
  • 1 Julep brand "The Best Pedi Creme Ever!" The back of the tube says:  Exfoliate with AHAs, Hydrate with Shea Butter and Coconut Oil, Nourish with Essential Oils and Vitamin E.  The directions to use is as follows:  Apply nightly to tops and bottoms of feed to exfoliate and hydrate.  Expect noticeable results in Just 1 to 2 uses.  For external use only.
  • 1 "Sienna" Nail Color (on left in picture)
  • 1 "Eva" Nail Color  (on right in picture)
When I get the chance to try these products out, I will do a review of them.  I look forward to using the "pedi Creme".  Both Nail Colors are very nice!  Personally, I think I like "Sienna" the best out of the two. 
 
 
I'm sure that some people will ask, "What makes Julep so special?" For starters, all our nail colors are “4-free,” meaning they don’t contain the carcinogens formaldehyde, formaldehyde resin, toluene or DBP. And because we’ve tested our colors and products on more than 100,000 manicures and pedicures in our own Julep Nail Parlors, we have a good idea of what works. Clients and Mavens alike love our long-lasting, chip-resistant formula, delivered by an exclusive flat brush with micro-frayed brush hairs for flawless application.
 
Also, there are perks to subscribing to Julep.  The perks as stated on the website are:
  • For just $19.99 a month, receive at least $40 worth of hand-picked
    Julep products in an exclusive gift-able Julep Maven Box.
  • 20% off all purchases in the Julep Maven Boutique
  • Free shipping on all orders in the Maven Boutique
  • Extra discounts and bonus treats all year long
  • Easy exchanges and returns
  • No commitment. Skip any box and you won’t be charged that month. There’s no limit to the number of months you can skip. You can also cancel your account at any time.
If you have any further questions about Julep, then please visit their website at www.julep.com and visit their FAQ's section.  You can also follow Julep on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest
 
 
I really liked the quote on the back of the small, reusable tote bag (see picture above).  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment