Sunday, September 16, 2012

Fall Festival at White Barn Farms - Bath and Body Works - Sept. 15, 2012



I went to the Bath and Body Works Fall Fest party on Saturday.  The hours of the party were from 1pm to 5pm.  I got there at about a quarter til 2pm.  It was packed in there, and I could barely look around.  The first thing I noticed was that they had different stations around the store for the customer to interact with the Sales Associates (SA).  You could sign up for a raffle, listen to some creative ideas to decorate your table for Fall with cleaned out 3-wick candles, the scentportables and candle sleeves.  They were cute ideas, but I don't think I will be using any of them.  Anway, I looked around the store and knew I needed to buy at least one home fragrance item in order to get the free 4oz candle and little drawstring bag.  I also had a coupon that was for spend $10 and get a free item of your choice up to $13.  I also had another coupon for a percentage off a purchase. 

In order to get my full discounts and free items, I purchased the following:

1st purchase - I purchased another Cider Lane concentrated room spray and a Cider Lane home fragrance oil for $10.  I got another owl medium candle luminary for free (cost is $12.50 without coupon).  I had to get another one because the previous one I purchased had a crack in it. 

2nd purchase - I purchased 6 3-wick candles.  They were buy 2 for $20 and every one after the first two are $10.  I used a percentage off coupon and got what would cost around $180 at regular price for right under $40.  With this purchase, I got the free 4oz Pumpkin Carvings candle and drawstring bag.  The candles that I purchased were:
  • Cinnamon Sugared Donut
  • Pumpkin Caramel Latte
  • Cider Lane
  • Leaves
  • Brandied Pear
  • Mahogany Teakwood
You can go to the Bath and Body Works website for full descriptions of the candles.

3rd Purchase - I went back to the store to purchase 3 more 3-wick candles in hopes that I could still get a free 4oz Pumpkin Carvings candle and the little drawstring bag.  Well, I bought the candles that were 2 for $20.  I got 3 for $30 since after the first two the price is $10 for any additional ones you get.  I used a survey coupon for $10 off $30 purchase.  So, I paid just over $20 for the 3 candles that I bought.  Unfortunately, they were all out of the free 4oz candle and bags.  I was a little bummed, but at least, I had gotten one earlier in the day.  The 3 candles that I purchased were:
  • Cider Lane
  • Pumpkin Cupcake
  • Lavendar Vanilla
Again, you can go to the Bath and Body Works website for full descriptions of the candles I purchased.   

I am pretty much addicted to the the 3-wick candles that Bath and Body Works sells.  It is a good think that I don't live near any of the Test Stores that are out there because they are always getting in new scents that don't always go to all of the stores, and I would want to buy them all!  I have many Bath and Body Works fan friends that I know online through FB, and they are always purchasing the new test scents.  They post pictures so that everyone can see what the candles look like, and they write great descriptions of them so everyone else can get a feel for what they smell like. 

The new Cashmere Glow signature scent was also for sale in stores at the party, but I personally do  not like the scent.  It is way to musky for me, and I am sure it would give me a headache and make me feel ill.  For that reason, I will not be purchasing it!  But I am still looking forward to the Forever Red launch!  I look forward to the new event that Bath and Body Works has planned! 



No comments:

Post a Comment